Note: Regular Sunday worship will take place on Sunday, December 23.
Healing Worship Service
Thursday, December 13, 6:30-8 p.m., Easter by the Lake (map)
Beneath the bright lights of the holiday season often lives darkness. We are asked to be happy though our hearts are heavy. We will gather to heal the heaviness and allow the true light of the Christmas season to lift us and lead us through the darkness. Join us for an evening of prayer and healing for yourself, your family, our community and the world.
Christmas Eve, December 24: 2 p.m., Christmas Eve worship (candlelight), led by the Messengers
Christmas Eve, December 24: 3:30 p.m., Family Worship, led by The Messengers
Christmas Eve, December 24: 5 p.m. Candlelight Worship, led by The Messengers
Christmas Day, December 25: There is no Christmas Day worship at Easter by the Lake
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
2 ¾ cup flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Wisk the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, kosher salt, and baking powder. Set the flour/cocoa mixture aside.
3. Mix the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour/cocoa mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
5. Roll out dough onto a cookie sheet covered by parchment (or wax) paper.
6. Use cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes. You may want to refrigerate the cookie dough briefly if it’s difficult to cut out the cookie shapes.
7. Set cookies on a cookie sheet and decorate with sprinkles.
8. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.