As pastors of Easter Lutheran Church, past and future, we are pleased to present to you a heart-felt look at the ministries God inspires and the people of God empower. We hope that you will identify with one or more of the many ministries of Easter and see how we make a difference for Christ in our world.
Our first goal is to do what Jesus commanded us to do – “go into all the world, making disciples (of Jesus), baptizing in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you to do; and I am with you always to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
We baptize and teach all ages. We are Christ-centered and Christ-serving.
Our second goal is to invite you deeper into this life transforming ministry of Easter Lutheran Church. We know that the greater the involvement a person has the deeper the blessing that is received. We are “Blessed to be a Blessing.” (Genesis 12)
Our mission is TO GROW IN FAITH and CARRY ON THE WORK OF JESUS CHRIST. We are hoping that you not only know that for the whole church, but that is one way of expressing your own personal mission statement.
Our vision is TRANSFORMING HEARTS and LIVES FOR CHRIST. We work to structure experiences so that the Holy Spirit can remake us from the inside, to love and serve God in everything. We are never too young or too old to be transformed.
Our guarantee is simple: MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR CHRIST IN THE WORLD WILL CHANGE YOUR personal WORLD FOREVER.
We want to include more people under the influence of God’s love and with Easter. We want to grow attendance in worship.
We want to grow in faith!
- Will you engage in regular reading of scripture, prayer and learning?
- Will you consider worshipping one more time in a month than you do now?
- Will you invite someone else—neighbor, friend or relative—to worship with you?
We want to carry on the work of Jesus Christ!
- Will you become involved in regular service with the church or to the church?
- Will you consider going on a mission trip globally or as an adult support on a domestic youth trip?
- Will you invest in Christian community by becoming part of a small group or life group?
- Will you increase your giving from your current level by 1% of your annual income?
- Will you help us share the story of God’s love in the world?
Peace and love! — Pastor Kristen Capel